A good fit makes
all the difference.
Ok, you’re ready to work with a financial planner and get a grip on your financial life.
You’ve done some research, searched the web, talked to friends and family for referrals and that has landed you here.
We want to help you
get where you want to go,
so knowing that we are a fit
for your wants and needs is vital.
at the top of your list.
The criteria of what you are seeking with a Financial Planner may be detailed, but when you prioritize what's most important, you will find that AFP delivers a balance of head and heart with their thorough and experience-driven services.
If our focus-areas speak to the qualifications you seek,
then AFP may be right for you.
Fee-Only & Independent
- You are looking for an organization that puts you first and works with your total financial picture to support how you want to tell your life story.
- You would like to develop a relationship that is long-term and holistic for you and your family.
- You desire to work with an organization that is compensated solely by their clients, does not receive referral fees or commissions for services rendered.
- You are looking for more than the “Suitability Standard” which means the product you are sold is “suitable for your net worth and risk tolerance.
- You are looking for experienced advisors that put your interest first, above their own.
- You value transparency and objective advice.
- You are not looking for someone to sell you a product.
- You want to know that the fee you are paying is fair and in-line with the services you are receiving.
- You want to be heard. It is important to you that you can talk candidly and honestly, with someone on the other side of the table who is listening.
- You want to know that all questions are valid and that you will not be made to feel small or belittled by asking things you want to know.
- You would like to include your outside professional advisors into your financial conversation so there is a well-coordinated team approach.
Qualified, Caring & Convenient
- You are looking to organize and simplify your financial life by having all your financial assets under the watchful eye of one advisory group.
- You are looking for compassionate, knowledgeable advisors that can adjust with you... to be there when you need them.
- You want to delegate financial matters to give you the opportunity to focus your time and energy on the things that are most important to you.
- You would like the peace of mind and ease of going to one place, so you can see and store your financial information.
What is a
Often times the terms financial planner and financial advisor are used interchangeably.
Pretty much anyone can call themselves a financial advisor: commissioned stockbrokers, insurance agents, registered representatives, account executives, even the person selling annuities and mutual funds at your local bank.
Here at AFP, we go above and beyond the typical Financial Advisor's duties to address the foundational motivation for your planning... how to connect your values with your financial goals.
AFP's Certified Financial Planners™ (CFP®) take a deeper look at your life's "big picture" to identify what is driving your financial decisions, and provide a holistic and integrated approach to setting, managing and reaching your goals.